Last week I mentioned the Park Pass that we are currently working to unlock. I wanted to let you know that I’ve picked a layout for the park passes!
(Image) Bear your wits 1
Once we’re able to unlock this stretch goal, I’ll be able to open up a new pledge level for anyone who wants to name one of the eight characters and write a character quote (with-in the limits of what is acceptable for the game of course).
There is still some more play testing that I would like to get done, on these which brings me to my next point.
Learn to Play Live
As a special thank you to everyone who has backed the game so far, I’m planning to host some more learn-to-play/play test events via Tabletop Simulator and Tabletopia again this weekend. I’ve set up a sign-up sheet here, so go pick out a time and I’ll be happy to teach you the game and get your thoughts on the Park Pass expansion if you’re brave enough to give it a try.
With only a little over 9 days to go, I thought it would be fun to hold a little contest to put the finishing touches on the game.
Each card in Outrun the Bear has a little quip down at the bottom of the card. They’re designed to lighten the mood of what could have otherwise been a pretty dark theme. Now I’ve had a great time writing some of these quips, but I also would like to hear what you guys have to say…
So after years of development, Outrun the Bear still has 8 cards that could use some help with their quips.
Here is how the contest works:
- Be a backer, doesn’t matter what level, even a dollar will do.
- In the comments of the Kickstarter update found here write a one-liner for one of the four cards in the image below.
- You can write as many one-liners as you can think of. First one to make the joke gets the credit.
- After 48 hours from the Kickstarter update, the team will pick our 4 favorite quips for each card and create a 24 hour poll on twitter, then I’ll share the link to the poll in an update here.
- Whoever gets the most votes gets their quote on the card and a contributor credit in the rulebook.
A couple quick rules: keep it clean, friendly, and respectful.
With that out of the way, here’s the first set of 4.
(Image) Bear you wits 2
Signed Reviewer Prototype Pledge
I was told recently that I forgot to highlight a couple of points on the limited, signed prototype pledge:
- The prototypes are ready to go now and will be shipped to backers within days of me receiving your mailing address. No waiting for production to finish.
- I’m not charging shipping for the prototypes– only for the deluxe copy that is included with that pledge and ships separately.
Signed Prototype pledges are not for everyone, but they do make for a great centerpiece to a board game collection, and I printed these ones to hold up through hundreds of games. So they’re not only unique, but quality too.
Well that’s all for this update, there are only 9 days left until the Kickstarter closes… so don’t miss your opportunity to be part of the creation of Outrun the Bear!
Race you soon,
Game Designer, Outrun the Bear